What Indeed are Shared Hosting Solutions?
A shared hosting service pertains to storing and/or sharing certain content on a web hosting server administered by a shared hosting distributor. There are various groups of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's take a look at these. In that way, you can conclude what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to build a web portal, mail addresses, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a service furnished by particular companies, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web files in your browser. Free file hosting accounts often involve ads beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific period of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel web hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud shared hosting". This is a completely twisted explanation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud shared hosting platform would allocate the workload between independent groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous shared hosting services (email, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a type of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain suppliers provide a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting variant is good if you would like to share a large quantity of pictures with friends or acquaintances since the service is generally free. You will get a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to administering your mail aliases. Some suppliers provide shared hosting services for sites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you wish to run a mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a site, then the email shared hosting service is what you need. You can set up e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domain name. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video brings about a given amount of CPU load, so with several video files and a few hundred web site viewers, you may have difficulty with your shared hosting quotas. Embedding the video will allow you to run as many video clips as you would like without bothering about system reserves.
- Shared hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to own a web site. To a certain degree, it consists of all of the aforesaid hosting kinds since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and mails, upload video files, etc. At Stable disks Hosting you can take a glimpse at shared shared hosting and dedicated server packages that allow you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in a single location. There may be restrictions based on the sort of shared hosting service that you've selected - a free web hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a virtual private servers or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your shared hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are made for specific web content only.
|1 website hosted
|1 website hosted
|30-Day Free Trial
|30-Day Free Trial
|$7.08 / month
|$6.25 / month